My friend and mentor Rosie, has been talking about these products and this company for years now. Isagenix is well established in Australia now but Rosie only heard about it and got involved in it after I had left Australia so I missed it there. Isagenix only opened in this country this month (last week in fact!) so it is brand new in the UK.
I think my concerns about joining Isagenix went something like this
* "Meal replacement shakes. Ugh I'll be hungry" - so far that is not the case!
* "Protein shakes are for boys who want to have bigger muscles" it turns out they are also for this strong, courageous woman who wants to be slimmer and healthier too!
* "It's expensive" - it's not as bad as I initially thought and there are incentives and rewards for helping others to choose to cleanse going forwards which can offset the costs. Also my health and is worth this.
* "The products are probably full of rubbish and will make me ill" -I've been learning from a naturopath in Australia who thought the same but after doing her research she is excited by the awesomeness of the products and the results that lowering the toxins in the body using a science based cleanse gives to people.
* "It's complicated to have all these extra products to take as well as the shakes" - this is definitely not true - I've found it simple and the guidelines are clearly laid out)
* "I should be doing this with a healthy whole food diet rather than relying on science and "products" "This actually was probably the biggest one for me. In the end I decided to let go of "should" and allow myself to try this system - courage over comfort.
I still struggle a bit with that idea that I "should" be using whole foods to cleanse my body and help me slim down. I know lots of people have been very successful doing that. And that is awesome and I'm really happy for people who are achieving results in that way. And right now it isn't working for me for a number of reasons. And so I am trying something different. Hence the title 'courage over comfort' - that quote from Brene Brown helped me to decide to just try it. What's the worst that can happen?
I am loving it so far - the products taste good and are doing the job they are meant to do so far and I am on fire energy wise! Loving the productivity and fun that is bringing back into my life! :)